Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Progression of a Painting

Tonight I finally got some time to listen to some good music with a paint brush in my hand. I really need to make more time in my life for this.
Unfortunately I really had no ideas tonight, and just started with some cheery colors and fun strokes.
I love paint strokes and bright colors. Today was very gloomy out and even though I somewhat wanted to pull out the black I absolutely refused.
Sometimes when I paint I know what I'm feeling or what I'm going for in a painting. Most of the time I don't.
This was definitely one of those times when I simply just wanted to paint and didn't know what was going to 'happen'.
I sometimes wish I wasn't such a thinker. I'm not okay with things that don't have an explanation, but most of the time the paintings that I do just make me feel good. I can't tell you want all of them mean or give you some deep philosophical reasoning behind them. Maybe we all need a nonsense release that maybe makes no since to others or even ourselves but somehow brings praise to the Lord.


The End.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!

Great Job Lady!! I bet it is great to just create!

DebbieP said...

That's cool Starr! I have been wanting to paint and I know what I want to paint but I have been too scared to try it. Maybe I will try today!

jenn said...

Great painting. And I'm glad you're taking the time to do something even if you don't know exactly where you're going with it. That's my problem. (Not with painting, just with anything in my life.) I want to know the end result of something before I even start. So I never start... I think I need to take a lesson from you and just start something.

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Feel free to paint me a picture anytime! ;D