Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's been on my mind?

Here is a random list of things that have been on my mind this week:

I have really wanted to make a conscious effort to take better care of myself. I've been spending more time thinking about what I should or shouldn't eat, and how to make time for working out. I've been blessed to have some awesome friends working out with me the last week and look forward to it continuing.

I've been thinking about how blessed I am to have people in my life that care about me. I live about 12 hours away from any family members, and miss them dearly, but have to be the most blessed person in the world to have the circle of people that I have in my life. I don't know how people make it without friends!

I've been thinking of new simple ways to manage my home. I made a schedule for chores for me and Matthew for the week, and so far, it's been a success.

Matthew has been on my mind a lot this week. I've really been seeking the Lord for wisdom and grace, and the Lord has brought it to my attention in many ways that wisdom comes from His word. I've been attempting to spend more time in the word.

Thanks to my friend Lydia, I have been thinking more about how I spend my time each day; working on giving Jesus my day, everyday, and excepting His new mercies and grace every morning that I need so much.

I have been pondering over the meaning of my name... thanks to Victoria. Esther means Starr and also Hidden. I've been thinking about how the Lord does have me hidden in many ways, and how blessed I am that He sees the things in me that others don't and most of the time I don't see either. He sees the inner beauty that I have to offer, and just like Esther it will be seen by others at the opportune time and , I pray, sow a blessing into my life and the people around me. I've been thinking about how Mordecai is a lot like Jesus in that he guided Esther where she was to be, and encouraged her to do things that she never felt she could possibly do. I'm excited about the path that my 'Mordecai, Jesus, has for me.

I've also been having fun planning a trip to Cumberland Island with some of our friends. I am so excited to go somewhere new to explore! I can't wait till March!!

Right now I'm thinking that I don't know that I really like this post... it's kind of boring, and all over the place, but I'm thinking I will post it anyways, and maybe still get some loving, encouraging comments from all those great friends I have :)

Let me know what's been on your mind this week if you would like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cumberland Island, isn't that one more thing you will get to cross off your list? :) I think I remember it on there.

Sometimes a post that is "all over the place" is what we need to put out there. Like you said you might just get some encouragement.

I am glad to hear that you are sharing the household chores with Matthew. I also love that you have a great support circle, even though your family is far.

You are doing good Lady...Keep it up. Continue to Seek the answers in the word and they will come. :)

jenn said...

I think random posts are the best. (Of course that could be because there usually isn't any rhyme or reason to mine.)

I'm trying to work on taking better care of myself and scheduling chores (more for me than Shiloh at this point) in order to find some kind of routine.

I like your comparison to Esther. The meaning to my name is pretty boring. I think it's "white or fair." Yeah, I'm pale, but don't remind me. Haha. I like name meanings and it's part of the reason I picked Shiloh's. It means peaceful place or gift from God.