Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quirky Quirks


~I don't like parking decks, but I don't panic or freak out when I'm driving in one.


~I am paranoid that I have big hair, but if I was African American I would totally sport an Afro.


~I do not like elbows- they're funny looking and pointed, and I especially don't like being touched by them-- SO KEEP YOUR ELBOWS TO YOURSELF!


~If I was insane I would probably walk around with a bag of chocolate chips eating and singing songs from old musicals.


~I have stereotypes about red headed men that drive big trucks, but I won't say what they are.


~I think 3 Musketeers, Tootsie Rolls, and Candy Corn are nasty.


~I grew up in a town named after a fish that had a population of 945.


~I don't like the snow unless it is high on a mountain in Colorado in July.


~When I was little I couldn't say the 'R' sound. So when people would ask my name I would say 'Sta... Like in the sky' and I would point to the sky. I have said my 'R' sounds perfectly for a long time now.


~When I am stressed out I eat raw Oscar Meyer Cheese Hotdogs-- I know it's nasty-- I hope we can still be friends.


~If I was stranded on an island the thing I would want the most would be ice water.


~I don't know what a carburetor looks like or does and I don't want to know.


~I just noticed the other day that I'm one of those people that says 'mmbye' when getting off the phone.


What are some funny quirks you have?


MMBye...........

9 comments:

DebbieP said...

Starr you are a hoot! I guess we can still be friends even if you do eat raw hotdogs!

I am not weird or quirky at all. I am so boring that I am totally normal! Here are some of my proofs -

~I never fill a bowl full of cereal then add milk. I hate mushy cereal so I fill the bowl full of milk, then sprinkle a little cereal in at a time. (At least I measure out the cereal first!)

~I don't like to be touched when I sleep which is a bummer since I am married. I would rather have my own bed to stretch out in and not be touched

~When I brush my teeth I spit from an almost standing position, priding myself in my aim.

~When I am finished brushing my teeth I spill the water I rinse with on purpose to rinse my mouth so that I won't get any toothpaste on the cup

~I can talk to animals, and they talk to me

See like I told you, there is nothing weird about me!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Another one of my quirks is that I absolutely love brushing my teeth-- I wish I could brush them right now!! We should brush our teeth together sometime Debbie. I want to see that aim!! heehee

Brandy Thixton said...

If I were sitting next to you right now, I would totally elbow you and say, "I can't believe you don't like 3 Musketeers!" Then I'd stomp out of the room, but not before muttering "mmmbye."

~ I like catsup on my eggs.
~ I think it should be spelled "catsup" and not "catchup"
~ I drink pickle juice... on a regular basis.
~ I know for a fact that firefly butts continue to glow for a good minute after they've been pinched off.
~ My favorite childhood memory is wearing firefly butts on my ears and fingers and pretending they were glowing jewelry.

jenn said...

Haha. Very funny. You're right about elbows. I don't like them either. Or feet... And speaking of big hair, I'll bet mine is worse than yours. I've had my hair compared to horse hair. I do everything I can to smooth it down. Oh, and the hotdog thing is kind of gross, but we can still be friends.

Kathryn said...

Hee hee! Starr you are funny!!! My childhood neighbor used to eat cold hotdogs for breakfast and we were friends, so I guess I can be your friend, too.

I think I have too many quirks to list, but I'm convinced that Barry has more.

I like to dip almost anything into almost anything and eat it.

I hate hotel sheets because they make your feet point when they really just want to relax.

I rarely eat sitting down when I'm at home.

That's all I can think of.

Matthew did great at his game last night! We enjoyed being there.

Anonymous said...

Star I love your blog, very funny,

Here are just a few quirks I have...

I love to eat standing up, this annoys my wife...

I drum my fingers a lot, it's my nervous habit...

I can't stand finger prints on store windows or doors, very yucky, I clean the windows several times a day at my store.

I like to drink peanuts in coke, especially glass coke containers, my mom introduced me to it when I was a kid.

Enjoyed reading your blog, take care!!! Todd

Debbie C. said...

Wow, great and fun post!!

I didn't know anyone else wore firefly "butts". We called them "lightning bugs" but remember, I'm old, lol.

I love to leave the water running while brushing my teeth. I don't know why, it just seems right.

I also don't like to be touched when I sleep. I take up lots of room in the bed and have to kind of kick my leg out in front of me. Much to my husband's chagrin.

Kim Heinecke said...

I won't share milk with anyone. Not my kids, not my husband...and dare I say it?...not my momma!

DebbieP said...

Kathryn you reminded me of another of my quirks...I pour salt on my plate and dip things into it.

Deb I call lightning bugs fireflies too - you're not old I think it is a regional thing.

I think the world is a funner (more fun) place because we are all weird!!!