Thursday, September 18, 2008

In the Stillness

Have you ever been in a place were someone is trying to whisper in your ear, but you struggle to hear them because the room is full of loud people?
That thought popped in my head this morning on my way to work. Lately things have been coming up, trials or fears that I'm desperate for help in. I think during those times -'Man, I wish I had a husband to talk this over with or to hold me.' or I think 'maybe, I should call so and so, they may be able to help.' And lately, in those places I find myself alone. That friend I normally go over things with is busy with her family (and that's okay), and the husband I'm waiting for, well he's simply not here yet.
In His kindness the Lord has taken me by the hand to His quiet place. Away from other's opinions and solutions because He has the answer in the stillness and even in the quietness.
I get so upset with the Lord's still small voice-- Oh how I wish He would yell so I could be absolutely sure that He is near, but then again, a whisper is so intimate. When someone whispers in your ear they are right next to you, shoulders touching, leaning in-- close enough for a kiss!! It is because of His kindness and desire for us to know Him more that He draws us away, and sometimes others away from us for a time, that we might draw near to Him. I want to learn to love His whisper; to love those times of just me and Him. Jesus treasured these times. He had the sick and broken waiting for what He had to give, but He knew that He had to have His Fathers whisper to be effective; to be Love to others. So even He would sneak away from the crowd and His disciples for alone time with His Abba Father.
Lord help me to be aware of these seasons, to treasure them and not try to escape them. Your whisper sustains us, it moves us, it strengthens us, and so much more.
He is in the stillness, quietness, and the loneliness-- right there.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Lady...You email me anytime you want. I would love to chat with you about whatever. ttrotter162@gmail.com

Theresa said...

This post reminds me of one of my most favorite songs ever.

I posted about it along time ago.

http://theresa162.blogspot.com/2008/03/none-but-jesus.html

I hope you enjoy!

I love your heart. His whispers are the greatest gift of intimacy we have with Him. They are precious words meant only for you, showing you how much He loves you. Your season of "Stillness" may be to reinforce in you that there really is "None but Jesus".

jenn said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for this. (I can't watch the video on this computer, but I'll check it out later.) I feel like I've been in a similar place lately. My friends are busy with their own families and lives and I feel alone sometimes. God has been using it to teach me to run to Him when I have no one else to go to. It's definitely bringing me closer to Him, but I also wish He would yell so I could hear sometimes. Haha. I guess it's only human.

truly blessed said...

I found your blog from 2 other blogs that I follow...."All you have to give"(Lori's a good friend of mine) and Natalie Witcher's (that woman cracks me up). I'm a Georgia girl myself! Yeah South!!! :)
Your post touched my heart today. You sound like such a strong woman. Raising your son and listening to God as He guides your steps. That's true strength. Keep Listening. Keep Praying. He hears you. You are not alone.
I don't have a blog (the whole journaling thing completely overwhelms me---though I LOVE to read other people's blogs), but you are welcome to shoot me an e-mail anytime!
Keep walkin' the walk, dear girl. God has great plans for you.

Robin said...

Hey mama, just wanted to invite you over to my new blog design @ blessings and struggles of single moms. I am so happy, I had to share it with all my mommy friends! Spread the good news! and don't forget to grab my button. Thanks and God Bless!

Kim Heinecke said...

so good, Starr. so very, very good.