Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beware! You've been Busted!!



Stupid sneaky ugly devil!! I'm so angry at all his dumb schemes and sly ways.
BUT I'm so super thankful for the Lord's bright spotlight-- he got busted once again, and no weapon formed against me shall prosper!!
(By the way the enemy really isn't cute and cuddly like the picture shown here, but this definitely reveals that he is not to be feared when we serve such an amazing awesome BIG God!!)

How does it happen? One day I'm worshipping the Lord, living my life of joy and peace, and then BAM, I'm flat on my face striving for my next breath. Okay, but let me be honest here; I really shouldn't say it was ALL the enemy. Yes, yours truly-- me and my flesh-- sure did play a part. How quickly it happens when we tire of waiting and choose our own ways and our own negative thoughts over His truth. Let me tell you people: Negative thoughts swing the door wide open to the schemes of the enemy. I have struggled my whole life with using negativity to protect me from disappointment, and what a lie that is!! The Lord wants us to Hope with Him; He is longing for a people that will risk believing and standing-- even if the road seems bleak or the path impossible. Beware!! Negativity leads to depression-- don't let it happen to you!!
My thoughts must be His or I will find myself slipping down the slope of depression and that is simply not acceptable for a child of God!! It really isn't people!


Phil. 4:8-9 (Message) Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Guess What!!!!

I Love Your Blog!! You are speaking my language with this post!!

Debbie C. said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and more YES! Preach it, sister!! This is so true and right where I am at as well. Wow, I've read several blogs today from my "sisters" in Christ and we're all on the same page!!

Brandy Thixton said...

Way to go!

jenn said...

You're so right on with this one. It's so easy to be negative (working on that one myself), but it's not worth it. Thanks for the reminder.

Shanda said...

Yep, I've been there too. Thanks for sharing.

Kathryn said...

Great reminder to guard our hearts and thoughts. I really struggle in this area. Thanks for sharing, Starr. I love you.

DebbieP said...

That is good preaching Starr, we are all needing this Word from the Lord!

When Ryan (my oldest) was born, he had to stay in the hospital for 10 days. I had all the ideals in mind and none of them could happen because he was sick. I was really depressed, but I started listing all of my blessings on a piece of paper. Once I started I really got on a roll and wrote several pages worth of things to be thankful for. That really pulled me out of that depression. Let's praise not grumble!

Unknown said...

So true!