Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hungry?


When my son is hungry he acts like he is going to die if he doesn't eat right then and there. We can be in the car driving down a lonely highway and somehow he expects 'magical mommy' to pull a McDonald's Kids Meal right out of my purse IMMEDIATELY!
I guess I can't hold it against him; I, myself, hate feeling hungry. I guess the difference between me and my Ever Trusting son is that he knows that I am going to provide him some food as soon as I can. I, on the other hand, tend to completely freak out when certain hunger pains come up, worrying whether or not the Lord is going to provide the means to suffice my need, or knowing that He will, but wondering how long the waiting period is going to be 'this time'.

Luke 11: 11-13 "Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Have I ever let my son starve to death?
No.
If he asks for chocolate cake do I give him vegetables?
Yes-- if he needs something healthy.
Does he sometimes get chocolate cake after eating something healthy?
Yes.

I surrender all my hunger pains to my Father that knows what is best for me, and always knows how to give good gifts. I choose to come to His banquet table and eat of the Lord's choice fruits!

Luke 6: 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Amen! Great word, Starr...

Kim Heinecke said...

Excellent truth!
Praying you get what you're "hungry" for!

Anonymous said...

You are a Super Starr! Great job. I love were you went with this. :)