Friday, September 12, 2008

God's Truth......

Last weekend my son Matthew experienced a real let down from someone he truly trusted, and as we all know, that's were the true disappointments come from: those we love and trust that are not perfect and are fallible.
Well, he had been gone for the weekend and Sunday night when he got home I was tucking him in bed for the night. I was asking him how he was doing and if he was happy to be home, and he says 'Mom, this isn't my home.' And I said 'what do you mean Matthew?'. He said 'Mom, my home is in heaven.' I was so impressed with my little sons revelation of this truth. He didn't say it in sadness, he said it as factually as anyone could say anything. My little man in the midst of his pain came to the realization (with the help of Holy Spirit I'm sure) that this is not his permanent place, but just a temporary residency.
Yes I want comfort and blessings on this side of eternity for me and my son, and yes I know that I can stand and believe that we WILL see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, but I also know that when people disappoint or pain comes that this place is not permanent and nor are our circumstances. The Lord is though and He has stored up such a wonderful place for us without pain or disappointment-- Praise God.
Thanks Matthew!

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

5 comments:

Brandy Thixton said...

I am daily impressed with you and your little one. I've been feeling a bit homesick myself, recently.

Shanda said...

That is such powerful truth coming from your little man. I am convinced that can grasp more readily what we tend to overthink and complicate.

I'm praying for you guys.

jenn said...

That's awesome. (His understanding, not the situation.) Sounds like he has a good mom.

Debbie C. said...

Wow, reminds me of that verse, "out of the mouths of babes, You have perfected praise" Pretty good praising going on there!

Theresa said...

You are doing a good job with your little man. It is great to hear those words out of a child. I am proud of you for the positive choices you have made for your life. You could live as a victim but NO....You CHOSE to live as a loved child of God and raise your child to expect God's blessing. Great Job!!! Positive example to other mothers, single and married!