Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hunting Island, SC

Friday Matthew and I and a group of great friends went to Hunting Island, SC for a camp trip. I have never been here before. It is such a beautiful island. I hope to someday return.

Matthew caught at least 7 crabs and name them all Larry. Not quite sure why.











The light house was beautiful! We walked the 175 steps to the top, and it was so worth it!!


The beach was pretty cold with the wind blowing, but Matthew still wanted to walk in the water... he's such a boy!
I LOVE palm trees and this island was covered in them!!

Here is Matthew eating up the sunshine at the marshlands.
Here is some beautiful church ruins we stopped at on our way home.
I probably took over 300 pictures on this 3 day trip, but it was just so beautiful and fun. It was so hard to put together this post because I wanted to post them all.

3 comments:

jenn said...

Wow! It looks beautiful. (Now I want to go there.)

And I love that Matthew named all the crabs Larry.

DebbieP said...

Thanks for posting these beautiful pics! It reminds me of Jekyll Island, so peaceful! I'm glad y'all got to go! At Jekyll Andy and Ryan LOVE catching the little crabs. They name all of them Uncle George! That comes from a little rascals episode.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Matthew walking on the driftwood beach (the first pic posted). SO cool! :O)