Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Singletonville Episode 1

Okay, so this is life with no kid AND no husband (In absolutely no particular order; because I can):

I caught myself daydreaming while brushing my teeth this morning that today would be the magical day the man that God has for me finally crosses my path, and I just want to say to myself 'that is okay'. Yep.

I had a chicken salad sandwich for dinner; my son hates chicken salad. No complaints for dinner that night.

I ran in and out of the grocery store-- WITH EASE-- oh yeah!!

I stayed out until 11:30 at Brandy's house and felt all rebellious driving home SO late.

Sunday, after driving back from Nashville, I had a three hour nap! Yes, you read correct, 3 hours!! I was told yesterday though that, that really isn't a nap. (Hmmm, I think I will make up a random name for sleepy times over 1 hour in the middle of the day. We should call them sleeping sabbaticals: make a note of that so you can use it if you ever get to have one.)

Also, on Sunday, I watched 3 back to back episodes of My Name is Earl. Now that, my friend, was a good time of spacing out, brain dead laughter-- much needed at times peeps!!
DON'T JUDGE ME!! (fyi: line from first season)

Best of all, I had an awesome time with Jesus on my drive back from Nashville. He was so near to me all the way home. I really felt Him stirring in me an excitement of these coming weeks alone, like He has a really special treasure for me to unwrap, that can only be givin' with just me and Him. Exciting stuff!!
My soul wait silently for God alone for my expectation comes from Him. Psalms Something.
I truly am expectant of the Lord for His great promises and blessings during this season. He is so good ALL THE TIME!!

Oh, and Matthew is having a blast with the fam in MO which you know greatly helps me just to relax and enjoy myself too!!!

Good stuff!!!!

1 comment:

Kim Heinecke said...

You have such a beautiful heart.