Thursday, June 19, 2008

Singletonville Episode 2


God is so good! I have some friends from church that own a beautiful house in the country with a gorgeous underground pool. Well, they have gone on vacation for the week and guess who's been asked to water the flowers and make sure the pool is being used? Yes! You're right! Me!!! So, the last 3 days ,after getting off of work, I've been packing my tanning lotion(with 12 spf ), my towel, journal, and of course The word, putting my swimming suit on and driving myself to my very own personal retreat!!

Oh, you better not minimize my blessing! God definitely worked out them going on this trip the same week that I happened to be all alone. Yes, He really did!!!

It has been such a blessing to just be with Him. We're not always saying a lot and honestly my face hasn't been glued to the word (even though I do really love His word), we've just been hanging out together. Nothing is better then friendship with the Lord!! I'm amazed at His desire to be with me, and the amazing rest and peace that comes from being with Him, and how it never gets old, it's always fresh and new; every single time!!

Today, in the land of Singletonville, all is well. Do I miss my son? Yes. Do I want a husband? Yes., Am I enjoying and rejoicing in today? Oh YEAH!!

I love you Lord and You satisfy me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Brandy Thixton said...

Love this post.

Debbie C. said...

Hey Starr-
I've enjoyed your posts. Glad you are having a great summer and neat to see what the Lord is doing in your life. Love you and appreciate you!!

Kim Heinecke said...

I so seriously got goose bumps.

Can I link your blog to Plunderful Life?

Natalie Witcher said...

So I am so glad to be here on your blog! I love your love for Jesus!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Yes Kim, Please link me to Plunderful Life.

Theresa said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment on my blog.

You have a beautiful soul! I am so glad that you decided to start a blog. I am enjoying your posts very much.

It is always nice when the Lord arranges for us to have some alone time with Him isn't it!