Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh Ouch, My Heart!!

My cutie pie called me last night. The last two days on the phone I've heard his little voice crack and then come the tears. He misses his mommy, and of course, I miss him too, but one of us has to keep it together. The little guy can't think that mommy's falling apart too. From what the fam says he is 100% fine untill he hears his mommies voice. Last night he pleaded with me: 'mom, can't you go get on the plane now and come see me?'. Kids have no concept of distance and airline ticket rules which make it all the more difficult to explain, but it's going to be okay. I will be seeing him tomorrow at 1pm. I think our hearts can make it one more day.
Oh, the despair of imagining a time when the hugs grow farther apart, and his little voice doesn't crack because he misses me. Thoughts like that are not good for a time like this. For now, I will just get as many hugs as possible and soak in every time the little man says 'I love you mom!'
Hello Tomorrow, I am so excited to see you!!!

3 comments:

DebbieP said...

How precious is the love from our little ones! I am so glad to see you treasure every moment as I do! So many people get too busy to be involved in their children's lives. The years fly by and before we know it our precious children will be grown into godly young men. Treasure him, as you do, he truly is a gift from God!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found you through Plunderful Life. Enjoyed reading your blog. I'll be back.

Kim Heinecke said...

Hope it was a wonderful reunion. I remember when my 2 boys would come back after being gone...I would be in heaven...for 20 minutes. Then they'd bicker again and I'd remember how excited I was to see them go visit family! :) ha/ha.