Thursday, August 21, 2008

Abolishing the Lies

Don't tell me that I have to be stressed out all the time because I'm a 'single mom'.
The Prince of Peace causes me to walk in peace!
Proverbs 3:17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace.

Don't say that my kid is going to be screwed up because I'm a 'single mom'.
Because God is the Father to the fatherless, my son will grow up to be a man of valor and Godly character!
Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Don't speak over me that life HAS to be hard, confusing, and lonely because I'm a 'single mom'.
I find rest, clarity, and companionship in my intimate times with the Lord.
Matthew 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Don't tell me that I have to work 3 jobs because I'm a 'single mom'.
God is my Provider, and He supplies all our needs according to His riches and Glory.
Philippians 4:19And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Corinthians 9:10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,

Don't say to me that my son will have to raise himself because I'm a 'single mom'.
His grace is sufficient for me; supplying the correct measure of energy I need to raise him up every day, and when I am feeling in lack God is big enough to carry both of us.
Hebrews 4:16Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

One of the most powerful things we can do to abolish the lies the enemy has been throwing at us is to speak them out and then blow them up with TRUTH in The Word.
What has the enemy been lieing to you about? What is the truth that will abolish that lie? What does God's word say?
We live in a world full of stereotypes and deceptions. God never wanted moms to raise kids alone, but none of our situations caught Him by surprise, and He is fully capable of taking care of us right where we are at. That's the Truth!!!

8 comments:

Brandy Thixton said...

Soooo good. You are so amazing! God is so amazing! This entry is so amazing!

Kathryn said...

I love you Starr! You always inspire me... Great stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is wonderful! Thanks, I needed the reminder. Very inspiring.

Kim Heinecke said...

Preach it sista!

DebbieP said...

AMEN! Hit the lies of the enemy with God's Truth! His ways are NOT our ways and in God is everything we need! Thanks for that good preaching Starr!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged (if you want to be). Come visit my site if you want to participate. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't.

Debbie C. said...

Amen, that's what Jesus did in the wilderness when He was tempted by Satan. Hit him with the Word!! "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." AMEN!!

Unknown said...

AMEN! Thanks for exposing the lies and reminding us all to remember the promises of our God!