Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bringing it back to 'Simple'




For some reason, lately, the most simple tasks have seemed overwhelming. I'm not feeling up to keeping the normal speed of my busy life, and honestly, haven't been. I'm really feeling like there is a point were we need to listen to that still small voice that is whispering 'rest', and be okay with a slower pace.

I guess it's time to smell the roses; even if the laundry isn't 100% done, the floors need mopped, and the tub needs a good cleaning.

I know most of the time when I'm feeling like I need to rest it seems like an impossible desire to fulfill, and I think it's because I don't see it as a necessity but rather, a privilege or treat. Isaiah changed my mind about that:


Isaiah 30:15-18
15 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. But you would not,


16 And you said, No! We will speed [our own course] on horses! Therefore you will speed [in flight from your enemies]! You said, We will ride upon swift steeds [doing our own way]! Therefore will they who pursue you be swift, [so swift that]


17 One thousand of you will flee at the threat of one of them; at the threat of five you will flee till you are left like a beacon or a flagpole on the top of a mountain, and like a signal on a hill.


18And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!


If speeding my own course means the enemy has more access to me I think rest is necessity!!


Is the Lord asking you to 'rest' right now?


4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a powerful word, Starr. Thank you for sharing!

Brandy Thixton said...

Soooo good. I had never thought of it this way.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this. I have such a hard time just relaxing, without feeling guilty, but sometimes we have to. I've been making myself go to bed at a decent time all week, even if the chores aren't done. God knows we need rest, even if we don't see it at times.

Theresa said...

It is so true that the enamy can disguise his work in our busy schedules. It took me a long tie to figure that all out.

I now make sure that I rest in the Lord. I have too. It is a habit now. A requirement!

Very Nice Post!