Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Post on my BFF


Well, Brandy is leaving in 5 days. It looks like my last day with my dear friend is tomorrow. It has been such a blessing to watch this all unfold and God open doors and work out all the details.
I'm amazed at how stable and focused both her and her husband Brandon have been. They both obviously know that God is leading them.

There is no one that is more cut out for moving across the world to pioneer out into a new ministry with a new baby on the way.
I know that no one is more suited for this then them.
I know that in a months time they will be adjusted to the snow, know there way to the nearest Coffee Shop, and be swallowing, without gagging, foods of all sorts.
I know that God is going to use them in amazing ways, and I know that this is going to be a blessing to their little growing family.
I also know that they will all be greatly missed. I know that I will miss Brandy's phone calls-- just to chat, our random movie nights, and our trips to the coffee shop. I'll miss my shopping buddy who helps me spend more money then I think I should. I'll miss her when I'm shopping for a new couch and she's not with me to talk me into it because she knows that big purchases scare me. I'll miss hearing her tell me I'm thinking too much on those days that I totally am. I'll miss her reading my expressions and knowing when things are not right with me. I'll miss hearing her tell crazy Chloe stories. I'll miss Chloe in the background talking while me and Brandy are discussing the latest 'life news'.
I could probably go on and on. There is so much I could say about my heart toward my dear friend. I'll end it all by saying that I love her to pieces... I'll be happy for her while she's there serving, growing, mothering, wifing, loving, aiming, blogging, singing, teaching and whatever else the Lord puts in her path to accomplish. I'll also be super excited to see her return with her beautiful family, that I know will have grown more in love with one another and with their God!

You are such a blessing to me Brandy. I will be praying for your family, and am so excited about what God has in store for you in South Korea. Oh, and no worries about tomorrow--- we don't have to cry and stuff (unless you want to), we can just give each other a hug and say 'see ya later friend!'

To whom it may concern: I am in the market for a new BFF. You must be planning to stay in the US for at list the next year and be okay with being possible ditched when the old BFF returns. You can attach your resume and contact info in comments, but please know that you have a lot to measure up to. :)

Oh! Everyone go give my girl some comment love, and be sure to check her out as she starts posting on her many South Korean adventures!


2 comments:

jenn said...

Oh this is so sad, and obviously good in a way too. Bittersweet I guess. Have a great day together tomorrow.

Brandy Thixton said...

Congratulations. You are the first person to make me cry about leaving. :)

I love you, girl. And I'm really going to miss you!