Monday, January 26, 2009

Lord, You Have My Heart

About a year ago I remember being in the shower and this song popping in my head. It was a song that I haven't sung or thought of in a really long time. This song was actually played during communion at my wedding.
Honestly, when this song came in my head, I was like 'what is that doing there?' but the Lord had something He wanted me to see and to know. The song was 'Lord you Have my Heart' by Delirious. For days I had that song in my head.. it was like the Lord was whispering it to me over and over again until I could finally hear His message to me.
That day that I made that covenant to my now ex husband I also made a covenant to the Lord and He, too, made one with me. I remember feeling the Holy Spirit come over me that day as I knelt at the alter worshiping to that song, with the honest desire to have God as Lord over me and my marriage, and for Him to have my heart. My marriage did not turn out the way I thought it would. Some how the enemy came and stole from my husband and stole from me, but for those that choose to fight, that choose to not give up, but to trust the Lord: their hearts remain His. 'My' heart remains the Lords!
Even though that marriage covenant was broken my covenant with the Lord remains strong and eternal. His promise, protection, and unconditional love for me remains. The Lord knew my path. He knew the brokenness that would take place in my marriage, but He had and has a plan, a plan of restoration, a plan redemption, a plan of promise.....
I am so thankful that the Lord has my heart. That I can trust Him with my hurt, and with my desires. I'm thankful for the covenant that He has made with me that is not breakable, but remains no matter when I'm in lack, or when I'm doubting, or when I'm afraid... His covenant love for me REMAINS!!!!
Lord you have my heart and I will search for Yours!!!!!!

3 comments:

jenn said...

Love this song and I have always liked Delirious.

Starr, your attitude is always so encouraging. I know you have good and bad times like anyone, but your life is such a testimony. I love that you can look at a broken marriage and still see God's goodness. You are a blessing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post!!

God is the best person ever to have your heart!!

Have a great weekend!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Starr! Such a good reminder to be more faithful to the only one who is truly faithful to us and to give him the treasures of our heart. I love you.