Friday, January 23, 2009

Showing My True Colors

So, If I were to lay down all of my insecurities, all my excuses, and all my fears I would be able to call myself an artist, or at list give myself more time for that part of my heart. I don't know why it's so hard to devote the time to something I love. The times that I have chosen to spend my evenings with worship music playing and a paint brush in hand have always ended with more encouragement and something pleasing to look upon... even if only from my view.

I want to learn how to have the habit of art and to come to a place where I'm not disqualifying myself beforehand to create something lovely. That place where I'm free to put on canvas what's on my heart without fear of my own judgements or those of others.


I want to allow my creativity to bless others. I want the freedom to paint something, have a friends name pop in my head, and not hesitate to give them what I've painted.

I want to see this gift develop over time. I want to experience the joy of creating and worshiping my God through painting. I want to not hide my talent!

Thanks Theresa for not letting me hide, and inspiring me to walk out who God has called me to be. To the rest of my sisters in Christ... thank you for excepting me, encouraging me, and loving me!!

3 comments:

jenn said...

These are really good. And I applaud you for not hiding your talent. I'm not an artist by any means, but any talents I do have I tend to hide. I tell myself that someone else is better, so my talent doesn't matter. Your paintings are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome my friend! As I see your work I know I am going to continue to try and keep you motivated.

I love the dove!!!

carin.c said...

These are wonderful. You definitely should be finding more time for art. Open your heart and the Creator will channel through you.