Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!!

Whether you watched the ball drop on tv(or live at NY), slept in the New Year, or watched fireworks go off with your friends at midnight on New Years Eve, I hope you all truly had a blessed time bringing in 2009.

I absolutely love the New Year. I know that every morning we have a new day-- a new start if we need it, but somethings different about a new year. Something is so magical, exciting, and somewhat scary about not knowing what's coming. I don't have a clue what God has in store for this year, but I want to be expectant of His best and His perfect will in my life being full filled.

I was reading the Word New Years Day and some scriptures stuck out to me that I wanted to share with my on-line friends.
Psalm 1: 2 But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
This year I have a desire to read the entire Bible and to grow in my knowledge of the Word.
Psalm 9: 1 I WILL praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all Your marvelous works and wonderful deeds!
2I will rejoice in You and be in high spirits; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High!
I really hope that my life would be a testimony of the goodness of God to the people around me. I hope that, regardless of my circumstances, that I would live a life of praise and rejoicing in the Lord in 2009.
Psalm 29: 1 Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones, Give unto the LORD glory and strength. 2 Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
I pray that in 2009 that the Lord would continue to get all the glory in every area of me and Matthew's lives.

May God truly bless all of you and your families in 2009. May this year bring increase in Love, Health, Prosperity, and knowledge of our Amazing God!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Happy New Year!

One of my goals is to try and read the entire Bible this year too. I've done it before, but it's been awhile.

Kim Heinecke said...

You're a treasure.