Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Need for Icecream


Okay, so it's confession time. I worship Icecream------ sometimes. Well, most of the time at list once a day. MMMMMMMM I really really really like icecream, but don't you dare give me that plain boring vanilla or chocolate. I must have 'stuff' in my icecream. Personally icecream with nothing in it makes me angry, kind of like cheese pizza, but that's a whole other blog.

Unfortunately at times the only option is plain icecream, but no worries, we only must become more creative people, and then again there are those times were we may have icecream that has 'stuff' in it, but it's just not enough stuff, and really, that's what this blog is about. I would like to recommend to all my icecream blogger fans a list of 'adders', if you will, to enhance any and every icecream eating experience. I would love to also hear your ideas as I am always happy to taste test and try new things.

My list is as follows:
-Peanutbutter, (one of my favorite adders) preferably crunchy
-Chocolate syrup-- DUH!!!
-bananas, pineapple, or any other delicious fruit
-any kind of nut (I like my icecream to have some crunchies in it)
-pretzels (CRUNCH--- YUM)
-hot chocolate powder (Thanks Brandy for introducing me to this delicious add!!)
-cereal (pretty much any kind would work)
-whip cream
-busted up granola bar
-Doritos (I personally have not tried this one, but my brother says it's yummy)
-Ritz Crackers (when desperate for a crunch these work well)



10 comments:

DebbieP said...

Chocolate chips work really well. I personally love to "smoosh" my ice cream with my spoon as well. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember, and who knew I'd be so trendy! Now we have marble slab creameries that charge an arm and a leg to smoosh stuff into ice cream! I share your passion for ice cream so I totally understand! In fact I am going to make home made coffee ice cream tonight! YUM!

Beloved of the Lord said...

I think I'm going to have to be invited over some time for home made icecream Debbie-- that sounds TO good!

Kim Heinecke said...

WHA?! God bless you for saying hot chocolate powder. We could SO be real life friends.

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I love vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate powder mixed in! I love ice cream too (but I'm not allowing myself to eat it right now). Have you ever been to Marble Slab? You should go. Awesome icecream and tons of things to mix in. Yummy!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Marble Slab is yum!! I'm proud of you Jenn for being able to resist the icecream. I feel like I can go without alot of things, but icecream I am just not willing to give up. I have this delusion that it's really good for me; you know, a good source of dairy.

Debbie C. said...

I haven't heard anyone mention my all time favorite, peanut M & M's. Oh, they are yum in some good 'ole vanilla. I like to mix them in and get them good and cold and then dig in ~ YUM!!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Be still my heart Debbie!!! Peanut butter m&m's are also yum in popcorn.

Beloved of the Lord said...

Be still my heart Debbie!!! Peanut butter m&m's are also yum in popcorn.

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge craver of ice cream. But when I do want it I refuse to eat plain vanilla (it's white. I have issues with uneventful, boring, white foods). I love Marble Slab Ice Cream shops. I can create my own masterpiece: Coffee ice cream, heath bar pieces, and caramel. It will rock your world!

Anonymous said...

POPCORN. Butter popcorn is the best in ice cream. It may sound gross, but it's the sweet and salty deal. And I'll go ahead and confess that I totally stole the idea from Donna Martin (Yes, 90210, first season slumber party at Brenda's)