Thursday, October 30, 2008

Black Friday-- I mean Thanksgiving is coming!!

Why do they call it Black Friday anyways? I have no idea!


Well, I have been super excited about this Thanksgiving primarily because of the day after-- turkey's good people but discounted electronics is exciting too!





Right now the plan is to camp out at Best Buy with my Pro Best Buy Camper Friend Brandy. Now I haven't had the privilege of joining her in this adventure yet, but that is the plan for this year. I have been scrimping, saving, and studying up for the grand purchases of one of these


or any good digital camera, because I am one of the only Americans who does not have one.


And I want one of these


BUT I don't know much about digital cameras or laptops.
Any advice? Which ones would you recommend? What do I stay clear of? What is a 'must have' when it comes to digital cameras or laptops?

I would so appreciate any expertize you may have.
We've only got a couple of weeks left, and I would love to testify afterward of the great deals I find via post on my new laptop (including pics from my new digital camera (thank you Jesus)) later in the month.

5 comments:

Brandy Thixton said...

I have no advice for computers or cameras, BUT...

Brandon told me that it's called "Black Friday" because it's the one day in the year that major stores can count on to get them out of the "red" and into the "black" financially. Sometimes I amaze myself by all the random pointless facts I know.

Please, try not to stare.

jenn said...

I don't know which cameras are better, but I suggest deciding on a few things before going. Like do you want your camera to take normal batteries (mine does) or a special battery that has to be charged? How big or small do you want camera to be... etc. That helped me make a decision anyway.

Shanda said...

Well, I'm not much help on the laptop front cause I don't have one, and I'm holding out until I can afford the macdaddy of all laptops, the Macbook Pro.

As for digital cameras, I love my little pink one, but it's seen better days. I will definitely be in the market for one that will do some reasonably good video. I guess it's pretty obvious that I like to make video. I really would love to have one of Ashton's Nikons.

Unknown said...

Day after Thanksgiving shopping is the BEST! My sister and I do it every year. I have no advice for electronics...sorry.

Anonymous said...

My electronic guru friend says that Toshiba is the best if you aren't going with Mac. I recently purchased an HP and I love it. One of the things you should decide upon is if you would like to have a webcam on the laptop. This would enable you to do video in front of the screen. Also research on consumer reports and don't let someone push you into something that you may not need. I use mine constantly and travel with it. It cost $450. I could have bought a little cheaper but they tried to see me a lot more expensive one. They were convienently out of stock on all the models that I wanted to buy between the prices of $450 and $750. We ended up leaving best buy and going to Circuit City. Who I hear is liquidating. Might be worth the look. Also Fry's is suppose to beat everyones prices

I also recently bought a samsung L100. I love it. I think it takes good pictures. It comes with a special battery that I seem to only have to charge once in awhile. The neat thing about that is you can charge it both ac adapter or via usb port on your computer. I did purchase another memory card for it for $10 and now it will take like 450 pics before I have to download them to my computer. BTW I bought it because of name recogition but mainly because it is the cutest pink. :)
I also carry it in my purse everywhere I go. Remember the Weiner Mobile. LOL

Ok Now that I have bored you!!! I am going to bed.