Thursday, October 16, 2008

Conversation with God


So, I was talking to the Lord this morning about how it seems that single Godly men are few and far between. (Now if you happen to be one of the few single Godly men that know me, do not take this personally, but take a look around you, do you see many others?)

Okay, so back to my conversation with the Lord. I was just kind of pointing out to Him that there didn't seem to be a big crowd of available good men around, And so you know what I felt like the Lord said to me:
"You only need one Starr."

There is hope! Thank you Jesus!!


I guess this short post will expose my desire for a husband, which, by the way, must have been put there by the Lord because 2 years ago I wouldn't even had considered it.

5 comments:

Debbie C. said...

I love that answer, that sounds so much like God to me! One time Melvin was celebrating a birthday at college and no one had said "happy birthday" or anything to him that day. He was really bummed out about it and went out to his car and started riding around and telling the Lord about it. He said the Lord spoke to him and said, Happy Birthday, Melvin! Isn't God so neat to speak to us so personally just what we need to hear?

jenn said...

I like this post. It's encouraging, so thank you for sharing. Even though I say I have no desire to get remarried, there is a little part of me that still hopes. I think I'm just scared that there isn't anyone worth having out there, so I think it's better to be alone. Thank you again for the encouragement.

Kim Heinecke said...

He gives us the desires of our hearts. I absolutely believe it. I know you do too.

Anonymous said...

You are precious! I agree with Kim. He gives us the desires of our hearts. I also believe that he puts the desires in our hearts when it is time and we are ready to go there in our lives.

He has a plan for you, a man for you!

Beloved of the Lord said...

So I confess, I almost wanted to delete this posted, I just was feeling selfconsious and silly, but thanks to all of you ladies' sweet commits I'm feeling very encouraged!!
Thanks so much!!