Sunday, December 21, 2008

30 Things to do before I'm 30 (in no particular order)

I didn't know what a realist I was until I started working on this list. I have though always known that I fear not finishing what I start so much of the time I don't start anything at all. Well, I would like to be a dreamer and definitely would like to be more goal oriented then I currently am. This list is to inspire me to do that. Now I will state that these are 'goals' meaning my goal is to accomplish them by the time I'm 30, but I'm going to give myself grace on this and what I don't finish I guess will be carried on to the next list.
I figured this post would be a good inspiration to complete the things on my list by giving me something interesting to post about periodically, and by allowing you good people to cheer me on and hold me accountable to finish what I started.
So, here it is:

1. Go to a beach I have not been to before.
2. Buy a new couch. DONE February 10, 2009
3. Get my passport.
4. Post this list in my bedroom were I can see it everyday.
5. Play with bubbles with my nephew and nieces.
6. Go to the Atlanta Aquarium DONE Dec. 23, 2008
7. Excavate dinosaur bones with Matthew.
8. Make an art journal.
9 Cook something new.
10. Visit and photograph 2 waterfalls in one day.
11. Travel outside of the USA.
12.Explore a castle I have never been to before.
13. Go to the Fish House.
14. Photograph 10 random red things.
15. Find a horny toad with Matthew.
16. Pick strawberries at Washington Farms.
17. Go on a date. Done: Dec 28, 2008(none ya business)
18.Run a 5K.
19. Ride on a hot air balloon.
20.Learn a new skill.
21.Read the entire Bible.
22. Meet one of my blog readers that I have never met before.
23. Sew curtains for Matthew's bedroom.
24. Go to Cumberland Island.
25. Sponsor a child overseas.
26. Give away gifts to strangers.
27. Rent, and vacation, at a beach house.
28. Go sledding with Matthew.
29. Visit my family in Utah.
30. Paint, and give away, 3 paintings.

'How long do you have?' you ask.
Well I have until April 28, 2010. Should be plenty of time.......... God willing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed you my response!

jenn said...

I like this list. It makes me want to make a list too, but I'm scared I won't be able to accomplish anything in time. And I have more time than you (until October 29, 2010).

Crazy, but the thing that would scare me the most on your list is going on a date. It's sad that I can't see myself doing that in the next two years.

Can't wait to see what you accomplish between now and then. I think you can do it all.

The Lopers said...

So if you train for a 5K... let me know! I want to to that too!