Monday, December 1, 2008

With More Gadgets Comes Greater Responsibility

I did it. I camped out at Office Depot, survived the cold weather and snoring stranger sleeping next to me, and escaped with a steal on a laptop and digital camera-- Yay!
I will say one thing for sure. Sleeping on that sidewalk (actually 'attempting' to sleep) really made me thankful for not being homeless. Sleeping on the streets is AWFUL!!

But still, I did get a good deal, and don't plan on doing it again in the future.


Now for my first proof of the digital camera purchase. Here, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of me after my night in the Office Depot parking lot.

I'll confess that I had taken pictures that looked a lot worst, but I believe that this one still reflects that it was rough with out me looking too awfully disgusting.


After sleeping most of my day away on friday and playing on my laptop ALL day (and I do mean all day) Saturday I have decided that I need a timer for myself-- I definitely need a limit, and I'm proud to say that I have implemented that the last couple of days and it has done me and my household good.

I'm excited about being able to spend more time on my posts and being able to read other's blogs at home.

Please tell me how you manage your computer time at home without robbing time from family, chores, and the Lord.


8 comments:

Brandy Thixton said...

Yay for blogging at home!!!!!!!!!! I'm QUITE excited for you. :) :) :)

Brandy Thixton said...

Oh.... but I'm a little hurt that you didn't mention your oh-so-preggo friend who was asleep right next to you on that oh-so-frigid sidewalk. But it's fine. Whatever.

Beloved of the Lord said...

Well Brandy, honestly, I was a little bitter that you were able to sleep in such crazy conditions. Heehee. But I will say that I am -- Oh so amazed of my preggo sidewalk sleeping friend!

Debbie C. said...

You're right about having to set priorities when you have a computer at home. I just keep in the back of my mind, that when I get to heaven, it's not going to be what I did on the computer, but the time I spent with my family. That helps me keep it in perspective and keeps me balanced!

Anonymous said...

The guys watch alot of sports and hope reads alot of books. So some evening consist of the guys sitting there screamign at a football game. Hope laying next to me on my bed reading. Me laying with hope reading blogs, posting, or any number of things. There are a few nights that we watch things as a family and all cells, computers are shut down. After dinner every night the four of us go out and walk the dog too. So that evening schedule does limit my time most evenings. It is hard sometimes to close the laptop. Congratulations on your purchases. I know how much you have been wanting a camera!! Now no excuses for not posting more pics!!! :)

Kim Heinecke said...

Whoop-whoop for Starr!!!!

Seriously girl, I've used a timer. This hobby can be addicting. I feel like a kid having to set the kitchen timer to 59 mintues but if I don't, NO ONE in the house will ever have clean socks...

Beaumontkitty said...

Eventually the "newness" will wear off. You'll find that you spend less time on it later- like maybe by June or July. :-)

jenn said...

Good for you! I'm afraid I looked way worse than your picture when I got done shopping Friday morning.