Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Favorite Christmas Traditions

Today Kim is having us tell our favorite Christmas traditions.
I'll be honest: I feel like me and Matthew need to work on that. I mean every year we take our traditional drive to look at Christmas lights, Christmas Eve he gets to open one present of my choosing, and every Christmas morning stockings are stuffed to full (and sometimes overflowing) capasity, but this year I want to start some new things:
Matthew and I read a story in a book the other day about a family that does a treasure hunt on Christmas morning and we decided to try that this year. I will hide one of his and leave a letter to the first clue under the tree and he's going to do the same. Knowing Matthew he will get SO excited that he will tell me right where mine is at-- we shall see.
We also plan to make a Ginger Bread House together which is something my mom usually did when we were kids. Matthew is so concerned about sitting it out and not being able to eat any of it. I've promised him that there will be extra for munching.
I've also always wanted us to make a sign that says:
You've Won This Year's Starr & Matthew Best Lights Award!!
and post it in someones yard with a gift card or something while looking at Christmas lights. This is a tradition that I hope to start this year.
Mainly though my hope this year is for me and Matthew to glorify God - to not let The Reason for The Season be missed in all this businesses and create memories that also remind us of the Goodness of Jesus.

Go over and check out some other Favorite Traditions on Kim's Blog and post one of your own!


2 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

Treasure hunts are really fun. Watch out, you have to keep making them progressively harder to satisfy them. LOVE the Christmas lights award idea - seriously, that's just good, honest fun! Thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

I want that Award...Wait I would have to hang lights. Hmmmm...I am thinking...smell the smoke. LOL Oh well no Christmas light award for me. But there is a house with a barn and they light it up. I think I got a pic...I will look and maybe email. :)