Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm Finally Feeling the Christmas Spirit

Last night I hung Christmas lights on the front porch, and today me and Matthew decorated the Christmas tree. My heart is finally starting to catch up with the joy of the season.

I have a confession to make; I tend to take a little longer then some to get excited about Christmas. A lot of the hustle and bustle stresses me out, being away from family makes me feel lonely, and the cold makes me want to find a warm bed and sleep until the spring.

Now don't worry, because of my awesome son and because of The Reason for the season it always comes together and we always end up having a very Merry Christmas, and this one I plan on being especially great!

Here are a few pics of our Christmas tree. Personally, I absolutely love real trees, especially the smell of them, but I have some stereotypes and one of them is that it is 'mans work' to cut down the tree, drag it down the stairs, and set it up in that tree stand doohickey (I know you are super disappointed mom-- I'm not as strong as you apparently-heehee), but this year there is not a big burly man to help with a tree even though Matthew has grown quit a bit this year. So, we will stick to the fake one.--- I'm considering sneaking some Pine Car Air Fresheners in there for added effect, and I've learned over the last couple of years that the ticket to fake trees is to put double the ornaments and garland to fill it all in, especially if you have a lower-end one like I do. Either way I'm happy with our officially 'Christmassy' house!!

Have you put your Christmas Tree up yet? Real or Fake? Does the whole family decorate the tree at your house?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

We just put our tree up last night. It's a fakey. We used to get real ones, but I don't water them enough so they spit needles at a rapid clip.

I love your tree...and you.

Anonymous said...

Not in spirit yet. Love Christmas trees. But since we live with the FIL I think it is a waste of time because it gets set up in the living room. I am never in that room so I never get to see it.

So why bother. LOL

I love your kitty kat!!!! Your tree is awesome too!!

jenn said...

We have a fake tree also. Love the smell of real ones, but hate the mess. I'm in more of a Christmasy mood this year than usual. Not sure why. I still hate decorating though.

DebbieP said...

We get a real tree and all of us work together to hang the ornaments, but it is my job to do the lights and ribbon. Each year Ryan and Andy take turns to be the one to put the star on top. My parents are coming from Massachusetts this year to spend Christmas with us so I am DEFINITELY in the Christmas Spirit! God is good!

I love your tree! Thanks for sharing your life with us! Love ya!

Unknown said...

My tree is up! It's fake...I'm not a big fan of keeping the real ones. Too had to keep alive...and get up 3 flights of stairs! :)Me, myself, and I decorate it with lots of ornaments and ribbons!